The following guidelines will enable you to have a great experience while using the MakerSpace in Alkek One.
MakerSpace Rules of Operation and Safety Regulations
Rules of Operation
- Patrons must attend specific trainings prior to using the MakerSpace and any equipment therein.
- Patrons must check out equipment from MakerSpace Staff prior to use.
- Patrons must surrender TXSTATE ID to MakerSpace Staff to check out equipment.
- Patrons may only check out one piece of equipment at one time.
- Patrons can only use hand tools within the MakerSpace.
- Patrons must pay for consumable materials prior to leaving the MakerSpace.
- Patrons cannot create any weapons, parts of weapons, or weapon-like items.
- Patrons cannot create any items for malicious intent.
- Patrons cannot use MakerSpace equipment to manufacture or mass produce items for resale.
- Patrons must abide by all University Libraries and Texas State University Policies as well as local, state, and federal laws where applicable.
- ALWAYS ask for assistance when needed.
- Closed toed shoes are REQUIRED at all times.
- Safety glasses are REQUIRED in 102A around designated equipment.
- NEVER leave a piece of equipment unattended while in use.
- ALWAYS power down equipment after use.
- REMOVE all jewelry, SECURE loose-fitting clothing, and TIE BACK long hair while using equipment.
- NO open food or drink allowed.
- REPORT any broken or misplaced equipment and tools to MakerSpace Staff.
- IMMEDIATELY REPORT any accidents or injuries to MakerSpace Staff or Library Staff. Call 911 if needed.