If We Don't Have What You Need
If for any reason our library doesn't have what you need, please don't give up--we want to help! Here are a few possible remedies:
- Request an Interlibrary Loan
- Request Rush Processing
- Request a Search
- Request a Hold on Checked-Out Item
- Get a TexShare Card / Search Area Libraries
- Suggest Item for Purchase
Request an item not owned by our library. (We'll place a request with other libraries nationwide to lend the item.)
Best choice when: You need an item within 2-3 weeks.
Request rush processing of an item that the online catalog lists as "in-process," "on order," "under consideration," or some other non-available status.
We can usually make the item available within 3 days.
If the online catalog says an item is "available", but it's not found on the shelf... we share in your frustration! Please come to the front desk and notify a staff member. We will fill out a form and conduct a thorough search of the item. If you wish, we can contact you when/if the item is found. If we cannot find the item, we will strive to order a suitable replacement.
When you click the Request/Hold button:
- You'll be prompted to log in with your TXST NetID and password.
- You can select your desired pickup location (Alkek, Music Library, RRC, or ARC).
- You'll receive an email telling you when the item becomes available for you; it will be held at the desired library's circulation desk.
Request a TexShare Card to get (free of charge!) borrowing privileges when visiting participating libraries.
Best choice when: You know the item you want is available at a participating library, and you wish to go there directly to borrow the item.
Here are links to the catalogues of some nearby libraries:
Recommend an item to be added to the library's collection.
Best choice when: You're not in a hurry. Ordering/processing can take a couple of months. But even so, your suggestions will help make the library a better place in the long run!