Food, Drink and Tobacco
Food and drink is permitted in the libraries; however, we ask for patron assistance in maintaining a clean and pest-free environment to aid in the preservation of the library’s collection and study spaces. We encourage users to report spills to a service desk so that appropriate action can be taken.
- Drinks in durable containers
- No-spill and capped containers are encouraged.
- Food items
- Use care with greasy, sticky or crumbly foods that have a strong odor.
- Illicit drugs or alcoholic beverages (in compliance with UPPS 05.03.03, consumption of alcoholic beverages is not allowed except for events for which special permission has been secured)
- Tobacco and tobacco products (including vaping) (in compliance with UPPS 04.05.02)
- Food preparation appliances
- No food or drink is allowed at computer equipment or in certain areas, such as The Wittliff Collections Reading Room