Reserved and Secured Collections Policies
- “Reserve” materials are associated with a specific Texas State course.
- Reserve materials in the Alkek or Round Rock Library may be accessed at the Circulation Desk for that location.
- Reserve materials may include (1) “personal copies,” consisting of materials, or photocopies of material, belonging to an individual or (2) materials from the library collection, which are identified as being located in Reserve by shelf dummies or location codes.
- Reserve materials are assigned a restrictive loan period to assure greater availability.
- “Secured Collection” materials are not associated with a specific Texas State course.
- Items of high value, high risk, or “high demand” (e.g., textbooks) may be included in this collection.
- Materials may be associated with a department or faculty member or may be identified by a Library staff member.
- In the Alkek Library, these materials may be accessed at the 3rd Floor service point.
- Round Rock secured collection materials may be accessed at the Round Rock service point.
- Materials from the secured collection are identified by location code and are assigned a restrictive loan period.
- “Electronic Reserve” provides web access to online reserve materials.
- Access is limited to the instructors and students registered for the course and is available by password via the course reserve system only.
The Music Library has a reserve collection, but its policies differ from those of Alkek and Round Rock and are not covered in this document. Information is available at http://www.library.txstate.edu/music.
Fines (per item)
- Books/DVDs/CDs/other media: $5/day or $1/hour, maximum $100.00
- Articles: $1/hour, maximum $20.00
- Fines will continue to accrue until material is checked in by library staff.
Overdue notices will be emailed on the following schedule:
- First notice - Within 24 hours
- Second notice - Within 48 hours
- Third notice (bill for replacement cost plus $5 processing fee) - Within 72 hours
Secured Collection Material
Fines (per item)
- $5 per day for overnight check-outs, or $1 per hour for 2 hour check- outs.
- There is no maximum fine cut-off. Fines will continue to accrue until material is checked in by library staff.
- First notice is sent within 24 hrs.
- Second notice is sent within 48 hrs.
- Third notice (and bill) is sent within 72 hrs.
Lost or damaged costs
Please see our lending policy for costs associated with damaged Reserve or Secured Collections materials.