How To Use Worldcat
What is Worldcat?
- Worldcat is a database of library catalogs around the world. The search results show the availability of the item, whether it is available at Texas State or at other libraries worldwide.
- If Alkek Library does not own the book, journal or other item you are looking for, Worldcat can be used to see if a local library owns the item.
- You can then get a TexShare card to go to the local library to check out the item
- If the item is not available locally, or you do not want to go to another library, then you can click the Interlibrary Loan link within a Worldcat record and the information will automatically populate your ILLiad request form.
- The image below shows what the Worldcat database results look like.