If you cannot wait for the card to be mailed to you, you can also sign up in person at the Ask Us Desk on the 2nd floor of the Alkek library, or at the service desk in the RRC Library, Avery 255.
Please contact Checkout at 512.245.2686 (Alkek) or 512.716.4700 (RRC) or via email with any questions you have regarding the TexShare card.
TexShare Card User Guidelines
- TexShare cards allow you to borrow from participating libraries. Use the Find a Library search to find a TexShare library near you. Not all libraries participate in TexShare so check first.
- All current students and employees are eligible.
- Student cards expire at the end of the semester. Faculty cards expire at the end of the academic year.
- Materials must be returned to the same library from which they were borrowed.
- You are responsible for any charges for lost or damaged materials.
- Students who do not return items will have "holds" attached to their records that prevent registering for classes, obtaining transcripts or grades, etc.
Recent Graduates, Alumni, and Local Community Patrons
- Texas State University participates in TexShare but you must obtain your TexShare card from your local library.
- If your library does not participate in TexShare, check to see if other local libraries will issue a TexShare card to non-residents.
- Local residents and Texas State Alumni may also obtain borrowing privileges by paying a $15 per year fee at the Checkout Desk.