Laptop Checkout Policies
- Users must be current Texas State students, faculty or staff.
- Users must sign an Agreement for Use of Laptop Computers and present his/her Texas State ID card or official government photo ID (e.g., Driver's License) at checkout. No other form of ID will be accepted.
- Users must have an active Texas State NetID to log onto the laptop computers.
- Laptops are available for use only in the library and may not be taken out. They are configured to provide a connection to the campus network from WITHIN the library; they do not work with any other wireless network.
- All laptops run on the Windows operating system. See the current list of installed software on Windows computers.
Important! Regardless of the time of day the laptop is checked out, it is due back at the Checkout Desk no less than one (1) hour before library closing time. The overdue fine is $5.00 per hour, starting immediately after time due.